March 31, 2020 1:15p.m.
Dear Five Star Equipment Customers,
We are reaching out to see how each of you are doing and also to update you on the current status of business operations at Five Star Equipment. We hope this email finds you, your employees and your families healthy and doing well under the circumstances.
COVID-19 is rapidly spreading across New York and Pennsylvania, causing great uncertainty in our communities and our industry. We want you to know that we are here for you and ready to provide the support and service you are accustomed to, while following all of the necessary safety and social distancing guidelines. It is our goal to keep our customers and our employees safe during this pandemic.
Each of our seven locations remains open with regular business hours to serve you. We have implemented the following protocols at each location:
- Employees who are not feeling well or have a family member who does not feel well, are required to stay home and self-quarantine.
- Many of our employees are now working from home to reduce the number of people in the branches to maintain social distancing.
- We are asking customers and delivery drivers to refrain from walking directly into our branches, but rather call or knock first to let our staff know they are outside. We are doing this to encourage social distancing and to limit the number of people inside at the same time. Each branch has signs on all entrances instructing people what to do.
- Our employees and cleaning companies are regularly cleaning counters, door handles and other surfaces. Hand sanitizer is also provided and used throughout the day, along with frequent hand washing.
- We’ve cleared the Parts counters of small parts and other retail items. We have done this to reduce the items people may touch and that need to be cleaned throughout the day. If you need these items, please ask your Parts counter team member for assistance.
We will continue to serve your business needs. Below are some alternative ways for you to get the parts, service and equipment you need to keep your business running this spring:
To Order Parts:
You can order Parts by calling or emailing your local branch. When you need to pick up a Parts order at one of our locations, please let us know at the time of placing the order and we will leave your order outside our front door for you to pick up.
You can also contact the Product Support Sales Specialist for your local facility to assist with your Parts orders and research Parts for you as needed.
Five Star Equipment offers our customers the option of ordering parts online through the Five Star Equipment MyDealer portal.
Parts can be ordered online and either picked up at your closest Five Star Equipment location or shipped directly to you via UPS. If you are not registered for the portal, you can request access to the portal at this link on our website:
We will process your request for portal access within one business day and will send you an email when your account has been activated.
To Schedule Service:
For your service needs, please contact your local branch’s Service Manager to schedule a time to bring in your equipment for service. When dropping a machine off for service, please call the branch’s main number to notify our service staff that you have arrived at our location. We will send someone outside to meet you.
We also offer pickup and delivery options if you prefer this or are unable to bring your equipment to us for any reason.
And, as always, onsite service from our road service technicians with a scheduled appointment is available. You can call one of our locations to start the appointment process. We ask that you assist us in minimizing the personal contact on the jobsite.
Our sales professionals are working remotely for the immediate future. They can be reached via cell phone or email to discuss the sale of new and used equipment or attachments. If you don’t have their cell phone number, please call your local branch to obtain it.
For your rental needs, our branch Rental Coordinators are available to consult with you over the phone or by email.
Pick up or drop off of our rental machines should be pre-arranged by calling our branch to let the Rental Coordinator know when the truck may arrive so they can have everything prepared to minimize the time on site and limit personal contact.
We thank you for your business and understanding through these challenging times. Please know that we look forward to serving you and will continue to do that through each of our locations as long as possible. Be assured we are committed to doing all that we can to support the safety and well-being of our employees, customers, vendors and visitors.
Bill Farrell, CEO